My Husband had from his colleague combo of curd rice with baby potato stir fry,Since then i have been trying out dishes with rice and veggies or Paneer for lunch and dinner.This recipe is from My Mummy or Mom in law :),she is a really great cook and she shared this to me ,as my husband used to crave for this while he was a kid.
This combo can be used as Kids Lunch Pack Dish :).A variation from our Pulao or Fried rice.
Simple and Tasty Combo served with Raita
For Yellow Rice
For Baby Potato Stir Fry
To make Raita or Simple Curd Salad
- Heat a pressure cooker or the sauce pan you are willing to boil the rice.I used pressure cooker.Heat it with oil,crackle the mustard seeds and add curry leaves ,Urad dal & turmeric.Once the raw smell fades off,add 2 cups of water allow it to boil.Add Rice and required salt and cook till once whistle
- For Baby Potatoes,boil it using a pressure cooker or a deep sauce pan.If using Pressure cooker boil it for one whistle.Peel off the skin and set it aside.
- Take a fry pan,roast Urad dal,Coriander Powder,Moong Dal and Jeera. Powder these in a blender.
- Heat Oil in Fry Pan.Add the above spice mixture,Baby Potatoes,Salt,Turmeric and Chilly powder.Mix it well till the spices are spread well along with Potatoes.Cook for about 10 mins in low flame giving an Occasional stir.
- Finally Add the Chopped cilantro.
- For Raita,Mix the Ingredients along and Make it dropping consistency.Serve bit chilled with rice and stir fry